The User Researcher will conduct qualitative and quantitative research that will improve the user experience across Jobpatcher products and Services. Reporting to the Director of Service Design, the UX Researcher will work closely with designers, product managers, other researchers and various cross- functional teams, to share insights about our customers experience.
The User Researcher needs to be passionate about user research of all types and be a creative thinker with a strong research foundation but a flexible approach in this fast-moving organization. She/He must be open to exploring out-of-the box research methods and approaches as a member of this growing team.
The ultimate goal of the Service Design team is to inform Inspire unique and innovative products and services that balance both the needs of customers and the competencies and capabilities of the service provider.
As our UX Researcher, you will:
- Plan, design and conduct qualitative research studies, including scheduling, recruiting, and writing research plans that outlines study goals and methodology.
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Identify recruiting requirements, write screeners, and work closely with recruiters to obtain most appropriate users possible for research studies.
- Run qualitative and quantitative research studies, both formal (e.g., lab, remote, surveys) and informal (e.g., “pilot” sessions and interviews with internal subject matter experts).
- Analyze results from all types of qualitative and research and create reports that synthesize findings into meaningful themes turning them into actionable and impactful reports for various audiences.
- Communicate or present research results and illustrate suggestions in clear, compelling, memorable and creative ways.
- Design, write, and report on quantitative research.
- Work closely with Analytics team when appropriate to triangulate user research data and uncover insights that answer questions posed.
- Provide innovative, customer centric design solution recommendations that contribute to an enhanced user experience.
- Contribute subject matter expertise in the areas of both formative and generative user research using industry standard best practices.
- Engage in cross-functional activities and collaborates across organizational boundaries.
- Develop, organize and facilitate research brainstorming and work sessions (either individually or as part of a team)
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- You have experience designing modern SaaS products
- Proven ability to be a contributing member of a cross-functional team and inspire team confidence in and respect for the contributions of research to enhance user experience.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively partner with and communicate to stakeholders, product managers and engineering team members.
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions.
- Express facts, thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing and organized manner.
- Must have a solid understanding of basic software/product development life-cycle
- Foundational understanding of best practices in user research, familiarity with standard design patterns across devices and user interface conventions.
- Foundational experience (2-4 years) with techniques in qualitative research, including formal and informal usability studies, card sorting, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, persona development, heuristic evaluations, participatory design, etc.
- Foundational experience (2-4 years) with techniques in quantitative research, including survey construction, understanding results of analytics and multivariate analysis, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and at least three years of work experience. Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree must be in a qualitative research-related field such as Psychology, Human Factors Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Experimental Design; plus user research experience must include some experience with consumer or enterprise facing software or equivalent combination of education and experience. (Masters preferred).
- Familiarity with in-lab and remote, user research tools (e.g., Usertesting.com, Survey Monkey, Qualtrics, Optimal Workshop, etc.)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common psychology and research journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and/or public groups. Basic understanding of statistics is a plus.
Work/Life Balance: flexible work schedule, flexible PTO, parental leave
Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/visual/dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with
company match, lunch provided everyday, fully-stocked kitchens, weekly meditation, wellness rooms, discount on Classpass
Enrichment: professional development workshops, diversity charter groups, an orientation program, career pathing opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer
Jobpatcher does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. At Jobpatcher, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great – and there’s always room for more.